Congratulations to CAI RHD student Surabhi Sood whose publication was selected as winner of Round 3 of the CAI RHD publication competition.
S. Sood, J. Urriola, D. Reutens, K. O’Brien, S. Bollmann, M. Barth and V. Vegh "Echo Time-Dependent Quantitative Susceptibility Mapping Contains Information on Tissue Properties" Magnetic Resonance in Medicine 2016 May 25. doi: 10.1002/mrm.26281.
Abstract: Quantitative susceptibility mapping is an important magnetic resonance imaging tool which can help define brain structure and composition. Our work aims to explore information contained in the temporal trend by analysing the mapped magnetic susceptibility as a function of echo time from gradient recalled data acquired at 7T. Parameterisation of image voxel susceptibility compartments has the potential to delineate structural and chemical changes in tissue and formulate biologically meaningful measures.
Round 4 of the publication competition is now open - deadline 11th November
- You must be an RHD student affiliated with CAI
- Your author affiliation on the publication must include CAI
- The paper should either be published either online or in paper form during the last 6 months.
- You must be the first author, or have made a substantial contribution to the paper.
- The publication must be novel research (no reviews, for example)
- The winner will be announced at the December Quarterly update.
How to submit:
Please email email@example.com the following by the closing date
- A pdf of your publication
- A powerpoint slide of your illustrated abstract – this will be displayed on 5th floor screens. Please use the slide template.
- Entrants will be required to give a brief outline of their paper to the RHD Committee and be prepared to answer a few questions
The winner can choose between three types of prize : an i-Tunes voucher, a Nano coffee card or a co-op voucher to the value of approx. $40.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your publication! Do not hesitate to get in touch with Lorine if you have any questions.