Dr Gary Cowin is the Facility Fellow for the Queensland Node of the National Imaging Facility (NIF) as part of the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Scheme (NCRIS), based at the Centre for Advanced Imaging, University of Queensland.
Current research projects include:
- Simultaneous dynamic MRI-PET imaging
- Simultaneous PET 18F-FDG and MRI Gadolinium contrast agent imaging
- Novel PET tracer imaging using MRI-PET
- Molecular imaging of novel contrast agents by MRI
- Prostate imaging for detection of cancer
- Development of magnetic resonance techniques for non-invasive determination of liver steatosis and fibrosis
- Monitoring changing fat distribution in diabetes and exercise trials
- Application of ultra high field MRI for spinal cord imaging
- MRI zebrafish brain atlas
- Lung imaging with hyper polarised Helium or Fluorine gas in humans and animals
- Investigation of the effect of gradient non-linearity on image quality.